called to serve

called to serve

Monday, September 26, 2016

A Week of Success

This week was such a wonderful week in Los Naranjos. I was feeling a little worried at the beginning of the week if we were going to have a baptism or no. We found a house for Melissa on Sunday but I was worried that the move, the custody trials for her son and her baptism in Saturday would be way too much. But when we talked with her Tuesday night about changing her baptismal date she said she was already thinking that she didn't want to wait another week. On Monday and on Thursday, she had court trials for custody of her son and on Viernes, we spent almost the whole day helping her move and on Saturday she was baptized! She was so happy. She has carried a weight on her shoulders for her bad decisions for a few years and yesterday said that she finally feels free and at peace. I am excited to see what she will be able to do in the branch. She is so willing to help already and fits in with the members well. 

I am very grateful for the people that the Lord has led us to in this area. We have several investigators that I think are going to progress and have one investigator that I know is going to be baptized. I have mentioned several times about Jose Roberto. This last week, he committed to go to church, but when the members got to his house on Sunday he wasn't at home. When we visited him on Tuesday, he said he had an emergency meeting he had to go to. We felt a little disanimated but he said he would be there the next Sunday. We decided that if he didn't come this Sunday we were going to have to leave him. Yesterday, we passed by in the morning and he was already getting ready, but said he wanted to come on his own. He got to the church just a few minutes before the meeting and stayed for all three classes. We took him for a tour of the building and introduced him to many members he didn't know.As we asked the members about what he had said to them, the president of the elders quorum told us that Jose Roberto said he IS going to be baptized, but that he wants to put his life in order first. He loves the Book of Mormon and reads alot every day. He understands the doctrine and knows that the church is true, but has a lot of challenges to overcome. He has almost stopped drinking coffee and struggles a little more to quit the tobacco but is willing and trying to do so. He also has to get married before he can be baptized. He said he is more than willing to do so and realizes the importance of it. He just has to convince his wife. She doesn't want to sit with us alot for the lessons, but for right now is supporting him in his decisions, so with lots of prayer, I think she will accept the invitation. He has all of the lessons and is progressing rapidly. I am hoping this week that we can put a baptismal date with him. 
   
Changes are this next week so I am a little nervous. I should know before I write you all in the morning on Monday. Dad said he wants me to go to Santa Ana and I think he might be right. I haven't ever been in a city in my mission...or lived in one in my whole life...so maybe God will give me the opportunity to try it out ;) haha I feel like I will go there or to Metapan (the hottest area in the mission)...but I guess we will see what President Spjut and the Lord have in mind for me :) I think I am ready for wherever He takes me. I am going to be sad to leave all of my converts and a few of the members, but I am excited to find the other people who are waiting for me. I feel something big in my heart that the Lord needs me somewhere specific. Its a good feeling. :) 

I hope everything goes well in school and at work this week! Also, thanks for the pics of the temple...keep sending more! :) I was so excited to hear about Shelby's article in the newspaper and that Patriarch Craner is a new sealer....I think I just made my decision where I will be many many many years down the road. ;)   And thanks for your love and prayers!  I love you all so so so much and miss you more every day! 

Hermana Stoor


​MELISSA was baptized on Saturday! She is so so so wonderful! ❤


​With a few members and an investigator that came to the baptism: Carlos Viana, Cristova(inv.), Israel Aguilar, Melissa, Adela Aguilar, Presidente Walter and Nelson

​Just a few more members....Judy and Darlin...recient converts to the church as well :)❤

​Ashley :) ( the daughter of our branch president )  One of the cutest little girls in our area...she became my best friend this week. ......Also...check out my cool moose shirt I found this week!

​I'm not going to know how to eat when I go back to the states....we only eat with our hands here...but the food is soooo good!





No comments:

Post a Comment