called to serve

called to serve

Monday, September 12, 2016

This week was a wonderful wonderful week in Los Naranjos. I think it might just be the best week I have had here in this area. We worked super super hard and had lots of fun too.  Things are going well with most of our investigators. We had a few downfalls this week, but we also were able to make alot of miracles happen. The biggest miracle from our week was that we found the family that I think is the family I have been looking for here. After one of our lessons, we asked for a reference of someone who had just  had a  baby or that had just moved in or someone that could use some service right now and our investigator told us about a family of 6 whose mom had left them. She told us that the father lives in a small house across the road with his 5 children. So, after leaving the house we went directly to find them. The oldest daughter answered the door and the whole family left to meet us. We had a very spiritual lesson with them and they were all so happy to hear our message. When we left, Hermana Romero and I both left with big smiles on our faces. This family is exactly who we have been looking for. I believe that with alot of prayer, we can get them to church this week and that this family is going to progress well together. 

This week we saw alot of progression with Melissa Rodriguez and Jose Roberto. Melissa has a baptismal date right now for October 1 but this week said that she wants to leave the house of the father of her child the fastest that she can. We are now searching for a house for her in our area and I think that if we can find one this week, we can get her moved and can move her date for the 24th of September.  She is alot more determined to reach her goal after this week. It was also a good week with Jose Roberto as well. His biggest problem has been the Sabbath day and this week, he promised to be at church this next week. He is finally starting realize the importance of what we are teaching and I know that as soon as he comes to church, it will be alot easier for him to decide when he wants to be baptized. He always talks with us about having a goal to be baptized before we even invite him and I think that when he attends church and watches during the sacrament it will make all the difference. 

We also had some fun this week. We had exchanges with the hermana leaders and have just had fun working hard this week. Here is a little funny, scary story from our week:
​So, it wasn't quite like this, but something similar. We went to the farthest area of our area on Wednesday and when we were headed back, the bus was full of people...but when i say full I am not talking about school bus full. I am talking about El Salvador full, adults sitting on laps of other adults that they don't know full. We were hanging out of the door of the bus, everything normal, until a woman behind me said that she wanted to get off. So we hit the side of the bus so the bus driver stopped and he must of thought it was me that wanted to get off so when my feet hit the ground, he took off. But I was going to be ALONE. In El Salvador, in the middle of nowwhere, on the side of the road by a coffee field, completely ALONE. This all happened in a matter of about 5 seconds but....the first thing that came to my mind was my companion...alone on the bus with a whole bunch of men leaving the coffee fields...so I starting running after the bus and was about to catch on to a bar and pull myself up...with whatever strength I found to the window and was hanging off the side of the bus only holding onto the window for a good thirty seconds. Everyone inside were pounding on the side of the bus, but the bus driver just didn't stop. There was a member on the bus as well with us and starting screaming to stop the bus. Everyone thought the wheel was going to run me over....and I think it was just God that saved me. After I fell from the bus and climbed up to my companion I just gave her the biggest hug that I could and told her that I loved her and that I would never leave her alone. Everyone was half way crying, half way laughing for the 20 minutes that we had left on the bus. It was quite the rush. I think we will avoid being in buses that are so full from now on. 

Anyways, glad to hear everything is good at home. Sounds like your all busy as always. I am doing good here. Don't think i need anything Dad. I'm pretty content. Haven't heard anything about the changing of the emails but I will let you know if there is something that happens. No more earthquakes..just tropical storms and lots of cold. I guess Hermana Spjut is doing better and we are healthy and happy as well. Happy to hear about the temple and see all the pictures...I hope you will all take me there my first day back. I cant wait to hear about when Mara goes through the temple. Wish I could be there, but I am finding more and more people here that I think need me here a little more time. And I wouldn't rather be in any other place than the mission. I hope all is well at work and at school for all of you. Be safe and have a great week! Don't forget how much I love you all. 

Hermana Stoor

​Took this picture in Auachapan.  I love when I get to go back to this town. Its my favorite place in all of the mission.

​Some fun that we had in Juayua this last week. This snake weighs 150 pounds and is 6 meters long. I didn't want to do it...but the elders gave me comfort that it doesn't bite....it kills people by suffocating them...cool huh? 

​Snake exhibit in Juayua :)


​The thumbs up thing is a thing in the mission. 

​Tropical Storms are cool. And really really really cold. 

​And the best part of El Salvador in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment