called to serve

called to serve

Monday, December 21, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD

☀Feliz Navidad from sunny El Salvador! ☀
It hardly feels like Christmas because it is so stinkin hot. haha I can hardly believe also that I get to talk to you in just a few days...face to face! kind of....we get to skype! The plan...if everything works out...is to call at 11:00 from a members home! We write in a stake center in Atiquizaya but they don't have cameras..so I really hope this all works out perfectly...I don't have a skype set up...so im going to have to do that and then I will take your username and call you. If not...I will use my companions. So just be on a little while before 11 and I will do my best to get through to you! 

It was a good/rough week in Turìn. Last week, we had an awesome week. In fact, President Spjut even called to congratulate us for such a big week. This week was a little slower because lots of people are gone for the holidays and we had alot of stuff going on so we didn't get as much time to get out and work...but it was still so good! We had an investigator agree to a baptismal date this week...so I guess you could call it a successful week! Her name is Jenifer...she is 10 years old and she is so excited to be baptized. Her family has been inactive for a while...but the have just recently been reactivated and we have been working with her dad to get the priesthood. He hasn't wanted to because he hasn't felt worthy...but we finally got him to agree to receive the priesthood on the 24th of Enero. The little girl doesn't want to be baptized until she can be baptized by her dad...so we got a date! 

We have 4 investigators progressing right now...three of which I am so so so excited about it. I know without a doubt in my mind they were prepared before we started teaching them to hear the message of the restoration. We started teaching them a couple days after I got here and I can already see the difference in them. They are three sisters, Alexandra, Kayla and Karla. They are so sweet...I think we are shooting for the 7th of January with Alexandra and the other two within the next couple weeks after. I am holding out alot of hope with them. I love them so much.

A few interesting things from this week....ate cow stomach on Friday...so that was gross. My companion and I have been sick ever since. And saw my first reeeeeaaaaally scary thing in El Salvador last night. We were on our way back from dinner last night at about 9:15 and two trucks passed us with a bunch of men wearing all black with black face masks. Freaked me out a little....but then what really freaked me out was they turned around and drove past us again. I have never felt my heart pound so hard. We hurried just as quick as we could back to our house....and all is good...I just hope we never see them again. 

Other than that Turìn is good...the people are all so so nice. I love it here! Its weird to not be home at Christmas time...but I am so happy to be here too. I know without a doubt in my heart that I am supposed to be here. I see ways that people have been prepared for us every day. Love you all so much! Les deseo una Feliz Navidad!

Hermana Stoor

​Here is where we wash our clothes in the back yard

​And here's my bed!

​Our study room 

and our cute Christmas tree :)

​This is our house...its so cute! And that is Ernesto and Veronica's dog (our cocinera who lives across the street)

​Our house is huge! Here is the kitchen..

Went to San Salvador this week to get my official residency in El Salvador..these are the Elders and sisters that came with me from the CCM to the mission. They are so fun!

​ Also didn't have water...most of the days this week...but one day we got lucky and there was still some water coming out of the hydrant where we wash our clothes...barely enough to get our hair washed..but we were soooo happy.

Here I am eating cow stomach...it was gross and I really hope I never have to do that again. But we are so grateful for our cocinera..she is the best! I have loved every meal except this one.

​We sat in the middle of the woods in the dark for a good half hour singing hymns and waiting for a family to get home. Apparently that's considered normal and safe here. haha So I had to take a picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment