called to serve

called to serve

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Feliz Dia de accíon de Gracia!

Looked like a good dinner at Grandmas house! Thanks for the picture Dad! Sad i missed out but they fed us a good meal here on Thanksgiving as well! I have gotten lots of questions about food....The cook here is an international cook. We have food from all over! Hermana Cox says he has been practicing for weeks and we could tell! It was so yummy! The foods almost always good here...hard to get used to eating frijoles for breakfast...but i´m getting there! Theres always way too much food too! Sometimes all I feel like we do here is eat. haha They always have a good meal...and there is a fruit and salad bar to go with every meal! And Dad..the guatemalan food is so good...lots of spicy...lots of tamales...lots of rice and beans.  Anyways...enough about food. I have a lot to share this week! 

The biggest thing from my week was...I recieved a calling as a Hermana Leader and Music leader for my Rama (branch). My main responsibilities are to...care for the medicinal needs of the hermanas...conduct nightly devotionals...choose the music and find piano players and dirigirs (?? directors) for all Sunday meetings and devotionals (which is about 10)...be the eyes and ears for Hermana Cox...shut out lights and make sure the Hermanas are in their beds at 10:30 with lights out each night....and basically just be the right hand lady for Hermana Cox. Its alot. But I am so grateful for this opportunity. I have already had to stretch my Spanish even more. I have gotten to know the new hermanas quickly and very well. I have felt so much love and gratitude come into every day since i started. The new hermanas are so so sweet! They have brought such an awesome spirit into the CCM. I am still working hard on names...I cant count how many times a day i hear my name and my heart just drops because i dont know theres yet. But it will come! The past two nights have been full of hermanas knocking on my door at night...so im going to have to figure out some better time management. But I love this chance to serve them. And im so grateful the Lord and Presidente and Hermana Cox have enough trust in me to have me do this. Its nice to sit down with them and  chat about each of the girls. Makes me realize how blessed I am.

My health has been suffering this week...but Presidente Cox told me to write home and tell you first...that I AM GOING TO BE FINE:) I am happy...and will be healthy soon! I got strep throat again and symptoms of bronchitis as well....they put me on some antibiotics.(Erithmiricin) and It has pretty much gotten rid of the sore throat...but my body is having a weird reaction to the medicine. I am having sharp shooting pains in my stomach...we don't know why...but they are working to figure it out. I spent most of the day yesterday lying in bed, but I asked some of the elders in my district to give me a priesthood blessing and I am already feeling better. I am so grateful for the power in the priesthood. Because of it...I was able to sleep most of the night and attend the temple this morning for my last time before I leave for El Salvador! I know Heavenly Father watches over his missionaries. I have felt him very close over the past couple of days as I have been sick. I know with his help I will be ready to sing tomorrow!  

Kind of crazy to think  I will be in the field next week! My next letter (whatever day that might be.) will be from El Salvador! I dont feel ready yet...but I am so excited to get out there! Im hoping for a good Latina companion that knows a little English and can help me along! I can pretty much understand what the Latinos say to me...just don't know how to conjugate well enough for some of them to understand me. I have Latina roommates again...they are so good! Hermana Escalera from Puerto Rico always tell me i am her favorite English teacher...She and her companion Hermana Franco from Baranquilla, Columbia are so sweet! I just love Latinas! Im going to miss the Latinas that attend the temple with us every week as well. There is one elderly hermana, Hermana Villagín who has been there every time with us. She sat with me today in the celestial room and just cried  and hugged and kissed me. She has such a sweet spirit about her. I was definitely supposed to come to a Latin country for a reason. I feel so much love every day. It is comforting.

The spirit has been so close this week at the CCM. This week I have gained a true testimony of the power of the priesthood and of the reality of the Atonement of my Savior. If you come to know the Atonement, it will carry you. It has carried me, especially this week. We all have trials, but we have every reason to stand tall. We have the Savior and our Heavenly Father on our side. ETHER 12:27 Please pray for my investigators. Thank you for your prayers for me, but dont forget my investigators. I know there are angels there preparing their hearts to recieve my message of the restored gospel. I know with all of my heart that this gopel is true. I wish everyone could recieve it and feel the true joy that comes through it. My life would be nothing without the Savior. Thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me the truth, and for binding our family as an eternal family. I love you all. And pray for you at least 20 times daily. 

Hermana Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment