called to serve

called to serve

Monday, October 24, 2016

This week was full of worries, disappointments, successes and learning in Metapan. This week we were running all week to plan a wedding and figure out the paperwork of our investigators. The sister that was going to be married is from Honduras and from what they had told us, she already had everything she needed but the lawyer. But come to find out, she needed to get some paperwork stamped in Honduras before she can be married in El Salvador. We communicated with Honduras and they don't have the stamp right now that she needs and wont have it until November. So, we are hoping and praying that they can sort it all out over the next month. Cecilia and Jose were really excited to be married and baptized this month and were really disappointed by it all. But I know the Lord has His own timing and maybe they needed this trial of their faith. I have seen them progress so so much over the last two weeks from where they were at and know that they will be able to fulfill this dream. We are going to help them the best we can to have patience and continue making changes in their lives to be prepared for when the time comes.

We have alot of investigators who have alot of problems in their personal lives which makes it difficult some times to keep them focused on our lessons. I was so touched by the spirit as we listened to Elder Oaks yesterday to share with them more from the Book of Mormon. Elder Oaks promised peace to those that know and live the gospel and it is exactly what these people need. In my personal study this week I was studying in 2 Nephi where the Lord promises that the people of this land would always have peace if they keep the commandments of God. The Spirit confirmed this promise to me as I listed to Elder Oaks. I hope that as we share with our investigators this promise throughout the week that the Holy Ghost can speak to them like He spoke to me this week. It was an amazing experience to be with Elder Oaks and to feel the Spirit that always surrounds the 12 apostles. We left after the sacrament for San Salvador. It is about three hours from here in a bus so it made for a long day. We left at about 11:00 and got back to start working at 8:00 last night. But I got to see some people from my last areas..including Jose Roberto and his wife!!!!..and the best surprise...my roommate from the CCM!!!! I will try to get you some pictures sent :)

BTW..You all sent me something about the weather being sooo cold at home with snow and how hot it is here. But for me....90 degrees felt cold! Literally, I even used a sweater this week. After all the heat from the week before El Salvador has made me a baby in the cold again. But it was nice to not be sweating all week. I guess I only have 6 months left to enjoy the heat....cant believe I will hit my year mark this week! I feel like I left yesterday! The mission goes by so so fast. Time flies when your having fun and working hard.

Well, my times up and this computer wont let me send pictures so.....
Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Hermana Stoor






Qué bendición sea con todos los santos y todos nuestros misioneros y oyen las palabras de Elder Oaks. Dijo utilizar el Libro de Mormón y enseñar la verdadera naturaleza de Dios. Sé que está tratando de hacer exactamente eso! Invite a todos a escuchar este mensaje!

Mucho amor,

Sister Spjut
El Salvador Santa Ana Mission

Forever Friends
Here is the picture of Hermana Martinez and I (my roommate from the CCM)

No comments:

Post a Comment