called to serve

called to serve

Monday, October 17, 2016

I love the mission more every day.

This week was a whirlwind . With the meetings in Santa Ana and searching for our investigators, we did alot of running this week. I was feeling a little disanimated on Saturday for the week we had had, but as I thought about it, I feel that we had alot of successes. I am loving this new area. Metapàn is wonderful!!!!! There are so many people to talk with, so many houses, and we are having so much success! I think our companionship is improving every day and our investigators progressing a little more every day. Sometimes my companion gets mad at me because she feels like I walk a little too fast (I've learned a lot in the mission) and she doesn't like that I talk with all of the people in the street. But I think she will just get used to it. Its something I had to adjust to in the mission as well. This week we focused alot on one of our investigators, Domingo. He has alot of time listening to the missionaries, but has been confused about alot of things. This week, we explained alot about the Book of Mormon with him. It is hard for me to believe that when an investigator has read the whole Book of Mormon that they cannot feel that it is true.  So we decided to figure out why. He told us that he thought that it was written by Joseph Smith and that he hadn't really prayed to know if it was true. He has lots of other questions about things that he doesn't understand, and this week, we were able to solve several of his questions and problems. What confuses him most is that he still attends his other church. This week, we are going to explain to him better the restauration and I feel so strongly that it will be able to solve his questions. We are also teaching a partial family whose children are members of the church. The mom accepted a baptismal date for the 29th of this month and we hope to be able to talk with the father more today in a family home evening that we have planned with the bishops family. We shared with them some things from the conference, especially about how if we keep the commandments, it blesses our lives. This doctrine was exactly what the mom, Cecilia, needed and I feel it will touch her husbands heart as well. We just need to figure out a few things with their paperwork so that they can be married this weekend and baptized together the following Saturday. They are a very beautiful family with grand desires to improve their lives! I was also happy this week to hear that Hermana Ana Ardon from Los Naranjos is going to be baptized this weekend. I feel a grand joy in my heart this week that comes from being a missionary. I don't think there is any feeling better than this. It was literally a sacrifice of blood, sweat and alot of tears with her over the 6 months I was there. Sadly, I wont be there for her baptism, but I hope to receive a picture or two from Hermana Romero. 

This week will be an exciting week here in the mission! On Sunday, we are going to San Salvador with the ward and our investigators to hear from Elder Dallin H. Oaks!!!!!! I am so excited to go with our investigators...you CANNOT be in the same room as one of the 12 apostles and not feel the spirit. The goal that they have given us is to bring 50 investigators. ¡¡¡¡¡50!!!!!! So this week, we are literally going to be running to find new people to convince to come with us. And running to get a wedding ready for Saturday. Ay, wish me luck. haha 

Anyways, there will be no pictures from this week because this computer doesn't have a USB port....but hopefully next week I will be able to send you the pictures that I have been able to take...like I said...I don't carry my camera with me anymore because it is too dangerous...but I do what I can :) 

Love you all and pray you have a great week!

Hermana Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment