called to serve

called to serve

Monday, August 22, 2016

6 weeks more...:)

Get ready for picture overload!!!!

​A little bit of bonding as a district this past Monday...my companion has me addicted to this game....but as you can see I lost...
I LOVE MY COMPANION. I am so happy we are going to have one more change together!  
This is the picture I wanted to send for my 9 month mark....9 more months until my prince charming. hahaha baggyyyy.

​We went hiking a little after our district meeting on Tuesdayy....You can see Juayua behind me close to the mountains :)
Our last day (we thought) as a district....Elder Channell (gringo) is the only one leaving. Another change in Los Naranjos!
The kids are just soooooooooooooo cute here. 
​Thursday night dinner with Nelson, Javier and Presidente Walter. PUPUSAS!!!!!!!
 ​We have been swimming in corn all week preparing for the branch activity...FESTIVALES DE MAIZ!

​We made tamales de elote all day on Saturday they were sooooooo good! 





​Just a corny actividad :)
​The people here in El Salvador know how to eat corn...mustard (which i actually like now), ketchup, mayonessa and cheese. ELOTES LOCOS❤

We were like high school kids with our picture taking this week...Lider misional Nelson. 
​This is Melissa! She is the sweetest person in the whole ward and is already good friends with everyone in the branch...She's getting baptized the 10th of September!!!

 ​Here's the house...dirty because today is our cleaning day...but here it is...the princess house of the mission. :)
​I wasn't kidding...its a castle. 
​My little friend from las cruces :)
​Making Sunday dinner....more PUPUSAS!!!!❤
Just one more because we are cute :)
​Also......this is from the last change...but Hermana Gamarra and I made it on the top 5 list of the baptisms...we are pretty cool :) 

This week was a really good week for us in Los Naranjos. I never thought I would say it, but I am really excited to have another change here in Los Naranjos. I am so excited to be here to help the members, and to keep teaching the investigators we have right now. I am also grateful for the chance to be with Hermana Romero for another change. We are going to set some goals today for what we want to do better this change and then work to reach them. We have some really really good investigators right now that are not only reading, but loving The Book of Mormon. I think I told you all a little about Jose Roberto last week, but he is 52 and we found him as we were contacting one day. We have been visiting him for a few weeks now and he is reading almost 5 chapters between each one of our visits. I have found that The Book of Mormon is the key to conversion...so its the best thing I could ask for! This week we also talked with him about the word of wisdom and before we could even invite him to keep this commandment, he said he was going to see what he could do to change his bad habits. We have set a few goals with him this week and I am looking forward to setting a baptismal date with him this week. We have been visiting him with several different members and I think they are starting to get more excited to work with us as they have also seen the potential that he has. So this change, I am hoping we can work more with the members....they make the miracles happen! After struggling for 3 changes here in this area, I am starting to see again the miracles that the Lord is placing in our lives. Just when I thought that I couldn't do any more, the Lord started sending me lots of big blessings.  And I am so grateful that He loves me enough to give me the opportunity to be here and teach these people for 6 more weeks. I have been pondering alot what the assistants said in our last meeting, "You don't see miracles, you do them." And my goal this transfer is to make the miracles happen, work in every minute that I can and be what the Lord needs me to be. I just want to serve the Lord and make him happy, nothing else. Hurrah for one more change in Los Naranjos!!!!! 

Have a great week! Thanks for all the pics and stories..Shelb, I hope you have a great first week! Love you so much! Mom, send me lots and lots of pics from everything that has to do with the temple. I hope you enjoy it so much. And good luck to all at work this week :) Take care!

Love you all!
Hermana Stoor❤

No comments:

Post a Comment