called to serve

called to serve

Monday, July 18, 2016

Hermana Stoor,

I loved your letter. Great attitude and testimony. I too have faith that you can accomplish the goals you set by the Spirit, and I know you will give all to make it happen. I love your statement,"I think I have finally been able to find the Nephi in me." Go and do what the Lord has commanded.

Pdte. Spjut

Received this nice letter from President Spjut this week. I am so happy to be here in the mission and to work with him and his wife. They are such wonderful people. I think it was President Uchtdorf that once said that we are in the missions where we are for our mission president. I think it is so true! I love them so much! Also received this text from Hermana Spjut:

Hi!  Just thinking of both of you and sending abrasos through cyberspace to you. Good night :)



​Here's my new companion...Hermana Romero! She is from Guatemala and is such a wonderful wonderful person and missionary. I am so glad we have the chance to work together! She has such a sweet spirit and we teach in almost the same way so there hasn't been a big adjustment. Our goals are to baptize a family this change and be obedient and reach all of the standards of excellence that President has put forth. I am so excited to be with her and know the Lord is working at our side. We are already seeing miracles here and hope to see alot more.

I have to go...but just know that I love the Lord and that I know that this is his true church. I know that if we take part in this invitation that the Lord has given to all men, that we will be saved and that we can all live in the presence of our loving Heavenly Father again:

Just do it! 2 Nefi 9:
21 And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam.
 22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.
 23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.
 24 And if they will not repent and believe in his name, and be baptized in his name, and endure to the end, they must be damned; for the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has spoken it.
 25 Wherefore, he has given a law; and where there is no law given there is no punishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation; and where there is no condemnation the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them, because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him.
 26 For the atonement satisfieth the demands of his justiceupon all those who have not the law given to them, that they are delivered from that awful monster, death andhell, and the devil, and the lake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment; and they are restored to that God who gave them breath, which is the Holy One of Israel.
​Here's the pants..... :( :( :( :(
​And my small, amazing district :)

​And a photo for Dad of the Volcano...Izalco :)....our area is at the top of the mountain at its side.

No comments:

Post a Comment