called to serve

called to serve

Monday, May 30, 2016

Challenges and Miracles every day!

This week was full of challenges for many things but in the end, I have seen so many miracles as well. As you can see, I am sick. I have alot of pain still and sometimes have rashes and sometimes have a fever in the night time. I woke up on Wednesday and couldnt breath and couldnt get out of bed for the pain so we called President and they came at 5 in the morning to take us to the hospital. They couldnt find what was wrong but gave me acetominophen and I feel a little better. (enough that im walking) haha They put an IV in first thing (crazy people) and it was worse than the time they took out my wisdom teeth. I wanted to punch the nurse. haha But I survived and resisted my hard feelings. They did an ultrasound on my stomach, xrays, urine tests, blood samples and found nothing. So today we are going back in to the hospital to do some more testing for a kind of parasite. Maybe I didnt get rid of all of my parasites. But I have alot of faith in the power of prayer and in the priesthood and know I will be just fine. Dont worry too much...President and Hermana Spjut and my companion and my ward are taking good care of me. Just include me and the doctors in your prayers this week please. I have been leaving to work every day and can work through the pain for most of the day. We have been taking things a little slow this week for this reason because if I try to walk or move quickly it causes alot of pain. But the work continues here in Los Naranjos. This week we mostly spent trying to find new people and we didnt see alot of results. Pretty much every day, all day, we just recieved closed doors. We looked for people through references all week and only found 6 of the people that we were looking for, but we did find a new family that we are excited about through a reference! It was a rough week as for the number of lessons we were able to teach but it was a wonderful week with our investigator, Nancy Orellana. She is progressing super rapidly this week. We are teaching her with a member family, the familia Aguilar and they are such a great support for her. She is praying in her prayers that she can be ready to be baptised on the 18th and that she can recieve an answer specifically about the church. She told us that she knows that The Book of Mormon is true so this week we just need to help her recognize that she has recieved an answer. 

I am super excited for this next week. President Sanchez taught the members for fifth Sunday and they are all animated to work more. I have alot of faith that this week things will be alot better and that we are going to see alot of miracles.  Sorry I dont have more time to write, but we have got to get to Santa Ana. I love you all. Thanks for your letters and love and prayers! 

Hermana Stoor

No comments:

Post a Comment