called to serve

called to serve

Monday, May 16, 2016

Un feliz cumpleaños!

We continue with the struggles and triumphs and miracles and blessings from the Lord here in Los Naranjos. I love this area. I love the members and their willingness to help. Last night, we met with a family of members and from the second that we walked through the door, they were asking about our investigators and asking how they could help. Last night, I made a list of all of the antiguo investigadores that we have to contact that had their names as members. I have high hopes for this week! We have plans to contact these people with this family and right now we sit with 17 references that we are going to do our absolute best to contact this week. The search for news continues and i see so much positivity in this area. I have found that if we work through the members, we will find those that are more ready for the gospel. I am praying for some miracles this week and with diligence, faith and lots of prayer, I know we are going to reach success here. We have one investigator named Nancy Orellana. She was a reference from one of the in-actives in our ward here. We visited her the first time about 2 weeks ago and went to her house every day last week to verify her commitments and read the Book of Mormon with her. I have so much faith that as she continues to read that she will find her answer and we are going to do all we can to help her, to follow up and to resolve here desafios. She accepted a baptismal date for the 4th of June, but is super sick and was not able to attend this week so we have decided for the 18th of June. We need the prayers this week for her so that she can come with us to church. She is open to the spirit and ready to learn and I have so much faith that the Lord has led us to her now for a reason. 

My companion and I are doing really well. We are always seeking for better ways to work together and things are getting better and better here every day. I worry sometimes about her. She doesn't have alot of faith in the people here, especially in the references that the members give, and sometimes is ready to give up on them before we even start, but she is praying alot and I feel like her faith is improving. I am hoping for some miracles this week.

I have been really working on my obedience this week. My companion brought to my attention that if we are even 1 or 2 minutes late, it is disobedience. I have always done what I thought was my best to get out of bed right at 6:30 and leave the house right at 10...all these things but I never really thought about it the way as my companion. She has taught me something big that I am hoping to continue to apply...that we are not only awake at 6:30...but that we have already prayed and have left the bed, that we aren't picking up our backpacks at 10:00...but that we have prayed and are leaving or have already left the house. I know these things are small...but for the Lord they are bigger. I have the schedule from the binder we received out on my desk...and have made a promise with myself and the Lord that I am not just here to be slightly obedient but exactly on the minute obedient. And I know with these changes, we are going to see more miracles here! 

P.S. It was such a wonderful wonderful wonderful birthday...My sweet companion planned 2 surprise parties for me...from our district and the ward. It was such a shock to me....I will try to send some pictures but my time is up :) Love you all so much! Take care and I will talk to you next week! 


Hermana Stoor

P.S. Alexis Castillo is getting baptized on Saturday!!!!! In just four weeks in the area, practically starting from 0...we are seeing milagros! Please include him in your prayers!!!!!!



just a lovely picture of me and my comp....


my surprise birthday parties from the ward and from my district.....

annnnnnnd THE COUSIN OF THE NIELSENS....She is such a sweet missionary! You will have to send the picture to the Nielsen family!




No comments:

Post a Comment