called to serve

called to serve

Monday, May 2, 2016

And walk and walk and walk aaaaand waaaaallllkkkk.

🎶 Just imagine the pioneer song from primary and how we always felt in primary when we had to walk around the church 5 times singing this song before we got treats on pioneer day and that is how i felt this week. haha In this area, we have to walk about 45 minutes to get to every single one of our investigators...its so worth it...but sometimes we feel like we are dying. haha  I absolutely LOVE my new area. I love the members. I love the cold. I love my new companion (struggles always, but super super awesome). I love the POTENTIAL. President said that it takes alot of faith to be a missionary in my zone and I see why now. The people are sooo hard hearted here. Nobody wants to let us in or talk with us in the street. We get the gate slam every day. We have people that are super offensive every day. BUT I LOVE THIS AREA AND KNOW WE ARE GOING TO SEE MIRACLES HERE. There is so much potential with the investigators here! We were able to set a baptismal date this week with one and I am praying with all of my heart for two more this week! I feel a huge weight on my shoulders this week. We are teaching a young man named Gerson. He is 20 and has come to church practically his whole life but has never liked the missionaries here so hasn't been baptized, but the president of the rama told me this week that he said for some reason I fall well with him. I HAVE ONLY TALKED TO HIM ONCE. But president told me he thinks if i keep doing what I'm doing I can baptize him. But the problem is...I don't know what I did. or what I'm doing right. hahaha But I'm praying that maybe I can keep doing it and we can put a baptismal date with him this week. But we need the prayers...both for me and for him :) haha We are also teaching a sister named Ana. Both of her daughters are members and she agreed to be baptized...we just don't know when. She said she wants to wait until her dad leaves the hospital but it sounds like he is not doing very well. But we had a really really good lesson with her last night and I am hoping she is really going to pray and that she can be baptized before. I know the miracles are available to us...we just have to be patient, work hard and pray harder. We are already seeing them. We had absolutely NOTHING when we started this change and now we are looking to at least 3 baptisms! MIRACLES COME THROUGH FAITH!!!!!! 

A little short this letter...but I want to send pictures...and I will talk to you on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!! BTW....I HIT MY 6 MONTH MARK THIS WEEK. The time here goes way too fast. Love you all and talk to you next week! 

 ​LOOK WHO CAME TO VISIT ME!!!! Nestor (my recent convert from Turin), Eric (investigator from Turin) and Nestors uncle came to Los Naranjos Sunday to visit me...BEST DAY EVER. I love this kid with all of my heart.
❤❤❤


​Here is one of the waterfall pictures I promised mom! I have a mountain of pictures to send....just don't have the time to do it :) This was our goodbye trip with the Familia Alfaro in Turin.


​Claudisa is always so good to leave with us...even in the rain when we have to walk for an hour through the fincas to find our investigators. I LOVE THE MEMBERS HERE. 



No comments:

Post a Comment