called to serve

called to serve

Monday, June 6, 2016

Help from Heaven.

Elder Holland once said..."Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow and forever. " I think this is going to become the best quote for my mission. I have received so much help from heaven over the past couple of weeks. I received a blessing from President Spjut the day that we went to the hospital and I know that it is between the power of the priesthood  and the power of prayer that I am feeling better. My stomach still hurts and I feel a little below in my energy still, but I feel a ton better. I am finally sleeping and can walk all day without dying. haha Thank you for the prayers and concerns! I will receive some medicine from my zone leaders tomorrow and I am hoping that it will help my kick this for good. I know the Lord is on my side. 

The Lord is truly in this work. I have seen so many little miracles with our investigator, Nancy. And we received the miracle that we were waiting for this week. She told us that on Saturday she was praying and she asked God if the the church was true. She was able to receive the answer that I think we who have asked with real purpose of heart have all relieved. She felt a calm, peaceful feeling, something she hasn't felt in a long time. And she told us that she knows without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of our Savior. And she is preparing to be baptized on the 18th of this month. 

Something that I have learned throughout my mission is the love that my Savior has for me and for every one of the people that are here on this earth. When you participate in the work and feel a true desire for the salvation of the soul of one of your brothers, you really come to understand the Savior and how He must feel about us. He wants our salvation so bad, that He suffered His whole life so that one day we could reach the celestial kingdom. I testify that my Savior lives. He loves his people. And that the church that I represent is the same church that He established when He was here on the earth. If we live worthily by following the principles that He taught, if we repent daily, and if we follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit that we receive through the power of the holy priesthood, we will return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know the Saviors arms are wide open to us.so I invite my family members and my friends who are not members of the church and those that are, but who are not living the gospel, to repent. Search for Christ and become submissive to the will of our Father in Heaven. The path to return to Him is thin and is difficult, but in the end it is the easiest path. I love you all and pray for you daily. ❤
3 Nefi 27>19-22
 19 And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end.
 20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.
 21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
 22 Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
​The limes here are the size of my head. 
We had a noche de hogar with the Family Urruela (The family that went inactive). Here is Papa Gumer.

​Mi chulitooooo!! I want to bring him home. 

​TAMALES....Im finally used to all the food here...and its sooo gooood!


​Also...about two weeks ago we went on a 4 hour waterfall hike with my district. I thought I was going to die...but it was so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment