called to serve

called to serve

Monday, November 14, 2016

Dear family,
What a week it has been. What a transfer really! I cant believe that I have already been here in Metapan for 6 weeks. I feel like the time just keeps going by faster and faster the more that I want it to slow down. I have had a great time here with Hermana Delgado. We have definitely had our ups and downs, but in the end, I think we both enjoyed being together. We learned ALOT from each other and were able to work well together. We learned to be more simple, more clear, and more direct with our investigators. We learned to be more obedient, more diligent and more consecrated in the work. I'm going to miss her, but I am also excited to learn from my new companion. We just received a call from our leaders that Hermana Delgado is going to Los Naranjos! She is going to love it...i hope. haha And I wont meet my new companion until Wednesday. President Spjut has called me to be a trainer. I am so sooooo nervous. I have been trembling since they told me. I never thought with all that has happened in the mission that President would call me as a leader, but I guess the Lord has something big for me to learn. I can't wait to meet her and start working!! 

We are going to start off this transfer really well with a baptism on Saturday. Hermano Manuel Acosta is soooooo ready for his baptism. Talking with the members this week, they told us how surprised they are with the changes that he has made. He used to be a drunk that slept in the street and was a very unpleasant man, but the gospel has changed his life so much! He now spends all of his time reading the Book of Mormon and pamphlets that we have given him, has replaced the alcohol and coffee with warm milk, and even makes it to church before all of the members in his white shirt and tie. He understands so well the doctrine of Christ and I know he is going to be a great asset in the ward here in Metapan!   

Things are moving along slowly but surely with the rest of our investigators. We decided this week to drop a few of them for the time being, but also saw more changes in others. President Spjut came to our area to meet Hermano Domingo on Tuesday, and told us the same as what we had been thinking, that maybe it is time that we give him time to figure things out. Domingo has come to church almost every week since I got here, and fulfills all of his compromises to read and pray. He just doesn't want to accept the invitation to be baptised. He knows why he needs to be baptised and we have explained clearly and directly many times the priesthood power and the restoration of the gospel, but he just doesn't understand. I understood a little more how Nefi felt this week when he said, "And now I, Nephi, cannot say more, the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men, for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be." President Spjut told me that he was very happy with the lesson, with the way that we teach and everything that we did. But that it is time to let him go. It just breaks my heart every time when I know that I am walking out the door of an investigators home for probably the last time. It breaks my heart so much, when I give my all and they still don't want to accept this message because I know that one day they will have to face their own consequences. I just pray that one day my prayers will be answered, that other missionaries will find him and that he can accept the gospel. And for now, I am just going to trust that there are others prepared to hear our message here in Metapan and go out and find them.I pray that this week the Lord will guide us to more of his chosen people. 

THIS IS MY HOPE AND MY JOY: that I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance. I know there is someone special waiting for us here in Metapan so my plan is : DILIGENCE, OBEDIENCE, AND CONSECRATION TO THE LORD AND HIS WORK. I don't have any idea what this next week is going to bring. All I know is that i'm going to need lots of prayers, that I can be a good mom (trainer) in the mission and that I don't ruin this new missionary. Like I said, I AM SO SO SO NERVOUS. It is such a huge responsibility and all so new to me. I just hope I can be as good of a trainer as my mom of the mission (Hna. Crowley). I am doing my best to follow her example every day. I am doing my best to be obedient and diligent and stay focused in the work. I just hope that the Lord's angels will be all around me to help me. 

I was so happy to hear from all of you and all the excitement from home...I'm going to include the link I was sent about my dad so that the rest who read my letter can see it to. 
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.idahoednews.org_news_east-2Didaho-2Dtrustee-2Dconnects-2Deducation-2Djobs_-23.WClmVQvAxDw.email&d=DgIDaQ&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=tM_zq23zpa3mAmJUtik26hCilTYqzYGqYmUwocM0yDY&m=VjSXcZVe5Z-tcyrTJIiCDKARxRQk6HNlW6f8pV29Vps&s=ul6sL_IMoFWkUKR8Ehg0jOx66LU0aRb315gZLHCSuaI&e= '
I am so proud to be his daughter!  

Also another fun surprise note that I received this week from Hermana Spjut:

My Dear Sisters Najarro, Torres, Rosario, Stoor and Arauz,
   I know that you never got to come to the mission home on your first day in the mission because of some transportation problems.  So I want to invite the five of you and your companions to come to the mission home for lunch on Monday November 28.  If you will be at the mission office at 11:00, President Spjut and I will drive you to the mission home and return you there after lunch to get your bus.
I look forward to seeing you then.  Let me know if that will work for you.

Every day is a new day in the mission with new surprises and new responsibilities. Please send your prayers my way this week.  I love you all a bunch and pray that all is well! Talk to you next week!

Hermana Stoor  

No comments:

Post a Comment