called to serve

called to serve

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I cant lie it was a rough week here in Turin. We had a lot of progression and feel like I worked just as hard as I could. We saw some good results, but definitely not as much as i was hoping. I'm trying my best to stay positive but the truth is that I'm really struggling right now. I talked a little with my zone leaders, and they suggested that I talk with president. I am trying to do what I can to fix things between my companion and I, but we are really struggling right now. I don't really understand why, but she is almost always angry with me, to the point I was really scared to be with her this last week. I think it is maybe because she is home sick, but she is very easily upset and is always talking about home. She gets really mad at me and either yells at me, or doesn't talk to me for hours. Hermana Crowley and I had some problems, but they always seemed to go away after a little bit and I never felt like they were affecting the way that we were working or affecting our investigators. But right now, I feel like our investigators are suffering for the lack of spirit that I have been able to feel over this past week and I know she is not trying to, but a few of the members and our investigators have been really offended by her and I really don't know what to do about it. They don't want to work with us and our investigators feel super uncomfortable, to the point one of them wont even talk to her and avoided meeting with us this week.She doesn't want to study with me or pray with me or talk with me half of the time.  I feel like there is probably somewhere where I am lacking and probably something I can do better to help her. I just don't know what it is. I tried to just keep us busy this week, but I feel like it just made her more angry at me. I don't want to just sound like I'm complaining because I do love her and have learned alot from her. I just don't know what to do right now to help her better.  I'm just going to do all I can this week to help her stay positive and to keep working hard. We have alot of blessing here in Turin and i think shes starting to feel a little more comfortable here. Now we just have to overcome this challenge between us and work hard this week to strengthen our trust more with our investigators. I have definitely learned this week alot of patience, charity, humility and am learning more and more to depend on my Savior. I know we will be able to pull through this and that it is all because the Lord has something for us to learn. I just need some extra prayers this week. 

We were able to bring ten investigators with us to the viahe al templo and it was a good experience for all. We are teaching a new family that we found through one of the members. The dad is a menos activo and the mom and daughter are not members. The dad has been searching for a way to change around his life and is really taking the lessons well. He is definitely ready to change and is being taught by the spirit. We still need to work more with the mom and the daughter but i think the viahe really helped us gain their trust. We are praying for them alot and are preparing them to be baptized the end of April. I am excited to continue to work with them and watch how the church can change their lives. We need prayers in their behalf and I know that through our obedience and through the spirit, they will be able to repent of their sins and be baptized together. I have already seen miracles with them and am expecting to see even more throughout this week!

We are going to be moving houses probably this next Monday...so I have no idea when we are going to write. But just know that I love you all and although it was a rough week, all is well here. Thank you all for your prayers and know your in mine too. ❤

Hermana Stoor


Sorry not too many pictures from this week...but here's my favorite from the week.....we had to kill the neighbor. But from what I hear they are good eating...I will let you know next week. BIG RAT=TACUASIN=POSSUM=MYNEWBESTFRIEND=MYDINNERTONIGHT.


​and my buddy GABI :) Soon to be neighbor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment