called to serve

called to serve

Monday, April 11, 2016

I am happy to tell you it was a much better week here in Turin. I feel so blessed and have seen the hand of the Lord here with us this week. We were able to have intercambios this week with the Hermanas and they helped us so much! We were finally able to talk somewhat of the problems that we have been having and we both had to humble ourselves, but I know things are going to get better from here. I learned alot this week about how better communication and patience can make all the difference. I know that the Lord is answering my prayers and I am praying that we may be able to find lots of nuevos in this week and know that through diligence and obedience the Lord is going to help us reach our goals. I am hoping in this week that we will be able to find three new families and that we may be able to help those investigators that we have this week start keeping their commitments. Its really disappointing to work hard throughout the whole week and then only have one or two investigators at church. That is my focus this week, to bring more investigators to church, by helping them understand the blessings and helpìng them overcome their fear of this change in their lives. So many people here are so worried about making the decision to come to church and be baptized and then falling away. It is a good worry, but sometimes keeps them from coming at all. I learned this week that these people really really have a need to understand the atonement. They have so many problems and so many worries and literally every one of them can be fixed by an understanding of the atonement. I am learning more and more every day about the difference that it can make in my life. I learned alot in my studies this week. I was focusing alot this week in the Book of Mormon and how we can teach the plan of salvation better through the Book of Mormon. Every thing that I read, always brought me back to the atonement of Christ and I also read over the the scripture in 1 Nefi 21 that talks about how the Savior has nail prints in His hands to remind Him of us. He knows us perfectly and he knows everything that we are going through. We never have to be weak, unenthusiastic or feel faint. He knows perfectly how to help us and we can rely on him through His Atonement. I have been relying on Him so so much during this change and I have no doubt in my mind that the Savior is real and he really does know each of us individually. 

The move was super good and we are happily settling in to the new house. I am sad to not be as close to Ernesto and Veronica because they are my family here, but we are still able to see them every day and sometimes in the night as well so i will survive. haha plus, i feel my time is limited here in Turin. I will let you know next week for sure about the changes...but i have a feeling i need to pack my bags this week and say my goodbyes. Breaks my heart to leave...but I know the Lord is preparing my next area for me and I know He will be here to figure things out here in Turin. Im sad that I wont get to see some of our investigators start their new lives, but I know they are in good hands with the Lord. 

Sorry I don't have more time to write...but know that I love you. Know that I'm safe and as hard as it is here sometimes, I wouldn't be anywhere else...even in New York with all of you. haha Enjoy the trip...stay safe! And send me pictures...and buy me a shirt...my only requests :) haha Thanks for your love and your prayers...they were much needed and did exactly what I needed. Until next week!

Hermana Stoor


​I`m not kidding....I'm never leaving....:)

​The bridge to Guatemala with my best friend, Nicole :)

​I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. ❤

​Veronica...my big sister at heart. She is the strongest most beautiful person I have met here yet. 

​My heart will always stay here with this family. ❤ Alfaro Quesada Familia...28 Marzo....Guatemala-El Salvador border.

​AND THE MOST EXCITING THING FROM THIS WEEK! Jenifer was baptized this Sunday by her dad! After four months...there is nothing more beautiful. This family has come sooooo far. I have seen the Lord work miracles in their lives...from a broken, unhappy family...to a family firm and founded in the church. When i came here in the very beginning of my mission, I had to pray for patience and love with this family. And God answered my prayers and more. I have never loved a family more in my whole life and i don't ever want to leave them....
...so Hermana Grace has made a plan...i just have to forget about the age difference and I found myself my future hubby. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment